Wednesday 16 October 2013

Chéreau Strauss Elektra Aix Festival

In pursuit of times past........I've been desperate to track down Patrice Chéreau Strauss Elektra for months, since it premiered at Aix-en-Provence in July. Now he's dead, it's even more precious. From what's been written about it, it sounds fascinating. But every time I've tried to watch, I get the message "Une erreur s'est produite.  Vous n'avez pas le droite de visualization". That's fair enough because they don't want to jeopardize future sales, on DVD or live. Perhaps they're even planning to film again later. In any case the production's travelling to Paris and places beyond.

Which raises the next question. What countries are these available in? For some years, my friends have been comparing notes to see what the pattern in, because the results are very consistent. So please click on this link and let me know what countries get blocked. (private email and comments welcome too)


No comments: